Taylor Swift brings her comedy to Late Night tonight.
10:17 pm • 13 August 2014 • 19 notes
This girl went to Bonnaroo dressed as … Taylor Swift’s VMA.
Read a recap of Kanye’s set here.
8:56 pm • 14 June 2014 • 22 notes
“You know, it’s not even lyrically that I can say I get down with Taylor Swift. It’s more, I’m a super nerd about song structures and like melodies and how all that stuff works together. I spend a lot of my time being fascinated by that stuff and figure out how it all works. Like her songs, are usually a perfect example of a great modern pop song, you know? Like every single she put out from that last record [Red] is a perfect song pretty much. The way the songs work, I don’t know, it’s really nerdy stuff. It’s hard for me to explain. [Laughs] I’m like fascinated by the structures of pop songs because even a really abstract one, like ‘Single Ladies’ or something. Like Beyoncé songs are like bizarre, but they’re still super catchy and they still work in that way. And then you have Taylor Swift and it’s just really straightforward like part A, part B, part A, part B. It’s pretty obvious what happens, but they work and it’s something I’ve spent a lot of time thinking about while I drive around listening to the radio. I’m into it more on like a songwriting level then you know, wanting to emulate Taylor Swift’s boyfriend troubles.”
— Cloud Nothings’ Dylan Baldi on the genius of Taylor Swift
12:02 pm • 1 April 2014 • 121 notes
Grammys 2014: Comment Party & Drinking Game
Drink every time…
- You hear the nominees for a category and for a moment think you have been transported back to the ’70s.
- Lorde is shown doing her Lorde dance while another artist performs.
- You think, “Wait, is there a host?” And then, “Oh, right. It’s LL Cool J.”
- Taylor Swift says something that could be construed as being about one of her ex-boyfriends.
- (And take another drink if the camera cuts to a shot of a young man in the audience.)
- Someone makes a Justin Bieber joke.
- You see Beyoncé. (You may limit your drinking during Beyonce’s performance to one .)
- There is a notable Kanye West reaction shot.
- Bruno Mars is shown wearing a hat.
- Katy Perry looks uncomfortable with all of the Sara Bareilles nods.
- Taylor Swift makes her classic “surprised” face.
- You want to give Drake a hug.
- You wonder if you should know who Hunter Hayes is, and also is he old enough to be up so late?
Finish your drink if…
- One of Daft Punk’s helmets falls off.
- Another “Who is Bonnie Bear?“-style of Twitter confusion erupts.
Take your drink and go to Heaven if…
6:28 pm • 26 January 2014 • 235 notes